|The Commission Waypoint occurs as students graduate high school. Developmentally, this is one of the greatest transitions that young people experience in our culture. It marks the movement into adulthood. In the life of the family this is also one of the largest transition a family makes. The transition that often gets overlooked is the spiritual one. We believe that we are called to equip students to be commissioned as missionaries to their world at this life transition The seminars and events for this Waypoint take all these transitions into account and attempt to prepare student and family for this next phase of life.|
- Blessing Your Child as They Go (Parents) - April 27th during Sunday Morning IGS
You might not believe this, but teenagers still crave the approval and love of their parents. One incredible rite of passage you can create for your graduating senior is Giving them Your Blessing. In this seminar we will explore what this could look like in your family.
- Financial Wisdom - Feb. 8th 9am-11:30am, Mar. 15th 9am-11:30am, and one more TBD To say our society is experiencing a crisis when it comes to finances might be an understatement. Young adults are some of the ones who are plagued the most in this area. Huge college loans, credit card debts, and more complied with the inability to save. However, how we handle money is a spiritual issue. So why not take a couple hours to get some wisdom on handling money before heading out into the real world?
- Writing My Future Story (Students) - April 27th during Sunday Morning IGS
"If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time" or Proverbs says "Where there is no vision, the people perish". Both of these quotes are saying the same thing, if you don't have a dream or vision, who knows where you'll end up. This student seminar will help students DREAM into who God could mold them to be. It is not a five year plan or strict life management technique. It is a time to reflect on who God has created you to be and dream of where you could take you.
- Senior Retreat - June 6-7th 2014,
Graduating seniors will get one more chance to get away together. A time to relax, reflect, and dream.
- Senior Commission Sunday - June 8th, 2014
Graduating seniors will be recognized, celebrated, and commissioned on this Sunday. In all services we ask Seniors to be present to be recognized and commissioned.
- Graduate Family Lunch - June 8th, 2014, 12:30-2:30
Graduates, their families, and their youth group leaders will have a lunch together to celebrate the graduates.
Information/Resources/Articles to Read
- College Transition Initiative (resources, seminars, articles, and more)
- Why Adult Students Must Prepare Students to Transition Well (podcast by Tim Elmore)
- Out of the Nest, Tips for Successfully Launching Your Kids into College
- The Blessing of Your Graduate