Spend Yourself® Haiti
- Starting Date: November 15, 2009
- Location: Savane Plate, Central Plateau
- Population: 1800, including 600 children
- Phase I (2010-2011): Goats, chickens, oxen, plows, and home drinking water filtration systems. Construction of a 30-acre lake, for irrigation and fish farming, stocked with 5,000 fish. Cost: $250,000 (funded and completed).
- Phase II (2012-2013): Construction of a farm tool depot. Additional drinking water purification systems and construction of 50 latrines. Training in hygiene and latrine care. Cost: $300,000 (funded and completed).
- Phase III Proposal (2014-2015): Construction of a hand pump drinking water well, 50 more latrines and a sugar cane processing unit. Cost: $165,000 (funded and in process).
- Proposal IV (2015-2016): Under consideration. Additional latrines, additional hand pump drinking water well, additional drinking water filtration systems and soil conservation plantings. Anticipated Cost: $250,000
There are various ways you can get involved:
- PRAY: Join us in prayer for the Haitian people as you realize they are living hungry.
- GIVE FINANCIALLY: Donate now by going to our Online Giving page. Sign up for an account and designate Spend Yourself® World Hunger Relief for your contribution.
- PARTICIPATE IN A MISSION TRIP: 2016 Mission Trip Information Coming Soon